This is the developer guide for Chat SDK v1. The new Chat SDK v2 for Android is now available and is the recommended version to integrate Chat into your mobile app.
- Added a way to clear the identity of a visitor, effectively causing the SDK to treat them as new. Just call
ZopimChatApi.resetIdentity(context)when needed (for example, when a visitor logs out).
- Added a new API which will inform you of the state of the current chat. See the documentation here
- Made resuming a chat more reliable and less prone to hanging.
- Fixed an issue where visitors would be disconnected from a chat session after 40 seconds.
- Minor translation updates.
- Fixed various NPE crashes.
- Improved support for agent availability monitoring in the chat window. You can now enable a feature that will provide a more accurate real time reflection of agent availability. You can enable this feature by calling
- Fixed a bug where internal observers are removed when
- Fixed a NullPointerException crash when starting a chat without setting
- Fixed a
RowItemis cast to the wrong type.
- Minor translation updates.
- Fixed a bug where new chat session gets started when app moves to the foreground
- Refactored internal APIs to remove the requirement for persisted notification to be displayed when chat has been started.
- Fixed a bug in the
ChatWidgetServicelifecycle handling that caused RemoteServiceException.
- Fixed an issue with an auto-disconnection when session terminates.
- Dismiss foreground notification for the chat widget when app is removed from the recent app list.
- Fixed a potential NPE when calling ZopimChatApi#getConfig().
- Fixed a bug where
Chat#setNote(String)appends the note instead of overwriting it.
- Fixed a bug where
Chat#setNote(String)does not work in the first chat session.
- Fixed a bug in the service foreground lifecycle handling
- Fixed a potential NPE in ZopimChatFragment
- Fixed a bug where uploaded images disappear after re-opening a chat.
- Fixed a bug that prevents users from receiving a push notification when using a device running Android Oreo and above.
- Fixed a bug that breaks uploading images on devices running on Android 4.4.
- Fix potential crash on devices running Oreo and above.
- Fix potential NPE when providing a custom
- Remove invalid ids from layout files to fix build with Android Gradle Plugin
- Allow the host app to use Picasso v2.71828.
This is a compatibility release of Chat SDK 1.4.0 that uses Picasso.271828.
If you include Picasso 2.71828 in your app, use Chat SDK
1.4.0-PCOMP. Otherwise, use version
See our Known Issue for more details.
- Added support for push notifications
- Targets Android 27, raises minSdk to 14.
- Fixed an ANR that can occur with flaky internet connections during a chat.
- Fixed a crash on Android Oreo when showing the chat widget.
- Fixed bug that would not show departments and not start the chat if agents' status is 'Away'.
- Fixed an issue where links sent by the user or agent are invisible.
- Changed the broadcast in Chat SDK to local broadcast
- Fixed crash on
ZopimChatLogFragmentwhen account status changes and fragment is detached
- Fixed a possible
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionin the typing indicator
- Added an ability to set and append visitor notes
- Fixed an issue with missing agent messages upon recovering from a connection loss
- Updated targetSdkVersion to 24.
- Fixed compatibility issues with Android 7.0.
- Fixed a crash when resuming a chat with no agents present.
- Fixed an occasional crash when calling
- Simplified Chat API model items for straightforward integration with RecyclerView. See using Chat API
- Added an option to fetch the data immediately when registering an Observer. See Javadocs
- Fixed attachment loading on devices with low memory.
- Added consumer proguard file. See advanced page for details.
- Added support for enable logging. See advanced page for details.
- Disables Rating and Options during no connection or if the chat timeout occurred.
- Add configuration for toggling file sending on the SDK.
- Reduced method count of the Chat SDK. See performance page for details.
- Improved permission handling for Android 6.0 (API level 23) in our Image picker library
- Fixed issues with department pre-chat field configuration
- Fixed issues with the typing indicator and send button after changing orientation
- Fixed an issue where the scroll position could be incorrect after changing a chat rating
- Fixed an issue where the chat widget could jump erratically when shown atop a camera view
- Bug fix for issues with skipping the pre-chat form when using
- Bug fix for disappearing send button
- Chat SDK is now split into two artifacts:
- The sdk-api includes everything needed to integrate Chat with a custom UI
- The sdk contains an "out-of-the-box" UI that's built on ChatAPI
- Removal of storage permissions
- Fixed right-to-left (RTL) language issues, though UI remains in the left-to-right orientation
- Bug fixes
- Option to disable email transcript
- Visitor events (breadcrumbs)
- Configurable chat widget
- Pre-chat form UI improvements
- Fix for events update. Using local thread pool executor
- Added attachment handling for uploads and downloads
- Added chat ratings
- Added agent questionnaire
- Improved session handling
- Optional permissions
- AppCompat version upgrade (version 22.1.+)
- Added active link support for web, email, phone numbers and addresses
- Added ability to close a chat via clearing the history in Recent Apps
- Removed explicit allowBackup configuration
- Added ability to tap outside of the chat dialog to abort initialization. The visualization page will not display those chats as 'Chat clicked' state. They will remain in the initial 'Active state'
- First beta release.