Zendesk Apps framework (ZAF)
5 October 2020 - v653
- Fixed a regression in the knowledge capture app due to enhancements to vendor browser security for iframe sandboxes.
16 September 2020 - v651
- Improved telemetry for a particular edge case hit occasionally when reloading apps.
5 June 2020 - v640
- Improve the internal API that host products use to define public API objects.
22 May 2020 - v639
- Improved internal error reporting
allow-downloads sandbox permission to apps iframe for Chrome versions after v83
21 May 2020 - v637
- Improved internal mechanism around loading apps payload for local apps development.
- Add internal API to improve app runtime lookup for host products.
6 April 2020 - v634
- Federated logic for CSRF tokens to help foster a more consistent developer experience across Support, Chat and Sell.
3 March 2020 - v628
- Made some under-the-hood improvements for error handling.
- Fixed an issue with mounted apps not reloading properly when using Zendesk Apps Tools (ZAT).
2 March 2020 - v626
- Implemented a bug fix for logo URLs that could be incorrectly formatted in older multiproduct apps.
- Enhancement for apps reload to include cookies by default in order to allow this functionality to work in products other than Support, such as Sell.
21 February 2020 - v623
- Made an under the hood enhancement to the way ZAF integrates with products
- Made a separate change to make ZAF less tightly coupled to Support and more product agnostic
- Some small changes / preparatory work for performance improvements to ZAF
- Made some improvements to caching of ZAF asset
- Chat specific fix for new request behaviour for ZAF
- Improvements to app reloading behaviour in Support
28 January 2020 - v616
- Fixed a problem that could occasionally occur in Support when opening modals with the Instances API when multiple ticket tabs were open
- Added documentation for OAuth
22 January 2020 - v614
- Fixed a bug that could prevent apps that used signedURLs from loading in Chat and Sell
20 January 2020 - v612
- Logging and error reporting improvements
14 January 2020 - v610
- Implemented a new mechanism for refreshing CSRF tokens in order to improve user experience in host products
- Fixed a bug that involved requests from the framework not returning headers when rate limited and passing
- Fixed a bug associated to calls to an under-the-hood cleanup mechanism when the framework is implemented within a downstream product
- Refactored requests code
19 December 2019 - v604
- Added additional error handling
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes result in failed authentication to Zendesk APIs
22 November 2019 - v597
- Removed dependency on 3rd party
- Replaced AJAX usage with Zendesk-written library
- Improved client side request throttling
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, apps would fail to authenticate with Zendesk APIs
14 October 2019 - v573.3
- Removed support for ZAF v1, disabling v1 apps in unextended accounts. Learn more
24 October 2019
- Updated Secure settings field character limit.
4 October 2019
- Added documentation for Sell.
14 May 2019
- Added support for settings in signed urls.
20 March 2019
8 March 2019
- Added support for via as part of the Ticket object.
13 February 2019
22 January 2019
25 July 2018
25 May 2018
21 May 2018
9 May 2018
- Added new core APIs for expanded & collapsed apps events Core Events
- Added new data API to check app collapsed status isCollapsed
27 March 2018
10 January 2018
- Added support for getting macros for Zendesk Support.
- Added support for invoking a macro for Zendesk Support.
29 November 2017
- Added support for routing to views via the
17 October 2017
26 September 2017
- Added support for getting identities as part of the user object.
9 August 2017
16 March 2017
10 March 2017
6 March 2017
ticketField:X.options in favor of two new APIs:
25 Jan 2017
8 Jan 2017
3 Jan 2017
29 November 2016
8 November 2016
19 September 2016
31 August 2016
11 July 2016
30 June 2016
Zendesk Apps proxy (ZAP)
19 November 2020 - v3.18.100
- Delegated authentication functionality of ZAP to specialist authentication micro-service. No functional behaviour changes.
9 October 2020 - v3.18.97
- Updated the base image to a more secure version. No functional behaviour changes.
2 October 2020 - v3.18.94
- Implemented a minor internal logging change. No functional behaviour changes.
17 September 2020 - v3.18.93
- Fixed an upgrade headers bug, where a body was not returned in a response if certain headers were set.
- Bumped ruby to a more stable and up to date version.
- Fixed a bug with response headers if a request is malformed. Previously malformed requests did not return in their response access control headers, including origin. Now they do.
26 August 2020 - v3.18.87
- Added the requesting agent's ID (
X-Zendesk-User-Id) to any outgoing request via the insecure proxy (note, not the secure proxy as with v3.18.77; this is a change to another part of the same system).
13 August 2020 - v3.18.84
- Added support for HTTP PATCH for insecure proxy requests
13 August 2020 (passthrough proxy)
- Added support for insecure proxy requests for Chat and Sell.
18 May 2020 - v3.18.77
- Added the requesting agent's ID (
X-Zendesk-User-Id) to any outgoing request via the secure proxy.
7 May 2020 - v3.18.76
- Implemented additional logging improvements to differentiate traffic errors for better Zendesk-internal monitoring.
8 April 2020 - v3.18.75
- Better handling of 422s from an internal Zendesk service.
30 March 2020 - v3.18.74
- Fixed an issue where sending a
'%' payload with the wrong content-type header did not explain why the request failed.
- Improvements to CORS request functionality for Chat and Sell.
3 March 2020 - v3.18.71
- Made a small security improvement.
14 February 2020 - v3.18.70
- General security improvements
31 January 2020 - v3.18.68
- Actioned change to make ZAP Chrome 80 ready (with relation to the same-site cookies changes)
17 January 2020 - v3.18.67
- Further improvements on caching and performance
9 January 2020 - v3.18.66
- Added support for secure oauth requests
6 January 2020 - v3.18.65
- Added support for HTTP PATCH for secure requests
8 December 2019 - v3.18.62
- Improved DNS resolution
- Improved caching
4 December 2019 - v3.18.61
- Added support for protocol in domainWhitelist property in app manifest
- Improved handling 429s from Zendesk's own services
- Improved security around DNS resolution