Build and test your app
Use your sponsored Zendesk Support account to build and test your app. If you haven't built an app yet and would like advice, see the resources below. You can also contact us at [email protected].
For general guides and tutorials, see the Develop Help Center.
For questions and answers, see the Zendesk developer community.
You can also join the Zendesk Platform Developer Slack channel.
- Demo Apps Github repo - Example apps that demonstrate the features and capabilities of the Apps framework. You can use parts of the code in your own app.
- Build your first Support app - A step-by-step guide to creating an app.
- Building a server-side app - A step-by-step guide to creating a Zendesk app that is served from your own infrastructure.
If you plan on using any of the Zendesk REST APIs, see the following resources:
- Rate limiting - Your integration may not be the only one customers use. So it is good practice to minimize the number of API calls to avoid rate limiting.
- If you plan on making requests to the Zendesk REST API from an external service instead of the Apps framework, see Request header requirements for Marketplace apps.
Next steps: Set up a global OAuth client