Note: Connect will be deprecated and removed on October 31, 2021. See Removal of Zendesk Connect.
If your organization uses Amplitude to capture customer data, you can use the Amplitude-Connect integration to send captured user and event data to Zendesk Connect.
Amplitude is a third-party analytics service that integrates directly with Connect. The integration doesn't require any programming. The two systems exchange data automatically.
The integration is two way, meaning that the two systems can automatically keep each other up-to-date:
- All user and event data captured by Amplitude can be automatically relayed to Connect in real-time
- All message data in Connect can be automatically pushed to Amplitude, which allows you to drill down on the campaigns and A/B tests run in Connect, look at user-level message history, and close the reporting loop
Note: The real-time user and event data relayed to Connect is not the same as Amplitude's cohort export. Connect receives all the data that allows users to re-create your cohorts in Connect. This gives you everything you need to set up and send mobile push, email, and SMS campaigns.
You can activate the integration in Connect, Amplitude, or both.
To send data from Amplitude to Connect:
- In Connect, go to your Environments page (Settings > Environments) and copy one of the private keys. For more information on the keys, see Authentication in the introduction.
- In Amplitude, go to your Integrations page (https://amplitude.com/app/APP_ID/manage/integrations), scroll to the Push Notification Integrations section, and enter your Connect key in the Outbound API Keys field.
To send data from Connect to Amplitude:
- In Amplitude, go to your Settings page and copy the API key.
- In Connect, go to your Environments page (Settings > Environments) and click the Amplitude On/Off button next to the environment where you want to send your data.
- When prompted, enter your Amplitude API key.
You can also watch the following video: Connect-Amplitude integration setup
Data sent from Amplitude to Connect allows you to create new campaigns, more advanced filters, and add new campaign goals. Data sent from Connect to Amplitude allows you to see how messages affect conversion rates in multi-step funnels, measure lift in retention for users who are messaged, and look at Connect campaign data in user streams. It also lets you know when a user doesn't qualify for a message campaign due to failed filters.
For more information, watch the following videos: