This is the developer guide for Chat SDK v1. The new Chat SDK v2 for Android is now available and is the recommended version to integrate Chat into your mobile app.
Department not set when using triggers to send greetings
Chat triggers that send a greeting to the visitor can interfere with the SDK setting a department. You can add a
Still on site condition to the trigger with a value of
1 to avoid this. This is the number of seconds to wait.
Version 1.4.1 and below
- Apps using the Android Chat SDK will not be able to make chat connections for devices below version 5.0. See https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000710347-Removal-of-support-for-TLS-protocol-versions-1-0-and-1-1.
DataSource.deleteObservers()removes all observers, including our internal
ConnectionObserverused to transition between states based on connection changes. This causes chat to get stuck in the
INITIALIZINGstate. As a result, a user is unable to send and receive messages. We advise not to call
DataSource.deleteObservers()at all and unregister each observer individually.
ConnectionObserveris not updated for
- The chat session timeout message does not show on-screen to the user.
Activity is already bound to Chat Service, skipping service startIf you see this log message remove the ChatServiceBinder fragment when ending the chat session
getSupportFragmentManager() .beginTransaction() .remove(getSupportFragmentManager().findFragmentByTag(ChatServiceBinder.class.getName())) .commit();
- Exiting from the pre-chat form and starting the chat again will skip through the pre-chat form requirements if using support library version
Suggested upgrade to version 22.214.171.124 will resolve the issue.
- The send button is not visible after the 2nd visitor message when using support library version
- When correcting the previously incorrect mandatory field on the pre-chat will result in the crash of the
TintManagerwhen using support lib version
Suggested upgrade to version 126.96.36.199 will resolve both issues.