Getting a trial or sponsored account for development
You can try out the Zendesk platform with a free, 14-day trial account. If you're interested in becoming a Zendesk developer partner, you can convert your trial account into a sponsored Zendesk Support account.
As part of becoming a Zendesk developer partner, Zendesk sponsors an instance for up to 5 agents that you can use for developing, demoing, and troubleshooting your app or integration.
Unlike a trial account, a sponsored account does not expire after 14 days.
By default, all Marketplace partners with a sponsored Support account receive the Suite Enterprise plan. A sponsored Sell account includes all features on the Sell Elite plan except the Firehouse, Sync, and Search APIs.
Note: Zendesk will suspend any sponsored Support account used to provide actual support.
To get a trial account
- For a trial Support account, see https://www.zendesk.com/register/free-trial/
- For a trial Sell account, see https://www.zendesk.com/register/?source=zendesk_sell#step-1
To get a sponsored account
- If not already done, sign up for a free Zendesk Support trial at https://www.zendesk.com/register/free-trial/, or Sell trial at https://www.zendesk.com/register/?source=zendesk_sell#step-1.
- When you're setting up the account, make sure to add the prefix "d3v-" to your chosen subdomain name. Example: d3v-mondocam.zendesk.com.
- If you already have a trial account, add the "d3v-" prefix to your subdomain. See Renaming your subdomain for instructions.
- Start an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Sponsored development account request [Company Name]".
- In the body of the email, provide the following information:
- Your Zendesk subdomain. Example: d3v-mondocam.zendesk.com.
- A brief summary of your planned integration and what it will do.
Zendesk will inform you when your trial account becomes a sponsored account.
Note: You may still get notices that the trial will expire soon. If you received a confirmation that the account is now sponsored, you can ignore the notices. The account will automatically roll over to sponsored mode once the trial period expires.