The Omnichannel APIs give you access to features and functionality that span Zendesk channels. The Omnichannel APIs consist of the following:
The Agent Availability APIs allow you to access and update real time agent status and activity information across Zendesk channels. An agent’s availability includes a status per channel, assigned work items, and the agent's capacity for each channel. When omnichannel routing and custom agent statuses are enabled for the account, it also includes unified and custom statuses. You can use these APIs to:
- Build custom real-time monitoring to show and manage agent statuses.
- Enhance existing agent activity and performance tracking mechanisms with real-time agent status and workload.
- Build private apps to centrally manage agent statuses and implement routing logic based on the agent status and activity in Zendesk.
The Agent Availability API allows you to:
- Query a specific agent's availability.
- Query the availability of many agents, filtered according to various criteria.
The Unified Agent Status API allows you to:
- Query all existing unified statuses for the account.
- Update an agent's unified status.
Access to Agent Availability API endpoints is restricted by Zendesk Support user roles. See Endpoint access.
You can authenticate requests to the API using basic authentication, an API token, or an OAuth access token. See Security and authentication.
The Zendesk Agent Availability APIs are rate limited. The number of requests allowed per minute is 200. Zendesk reserves the right to adjust the rate limit for given endpoints to offer all clients a high quality of service.
When you request data from the Agent Availability APIs, set your expected response format via the
the API will respond with the
Content-Type header set to the requested format. Requests for a format not supported by the server will be rejected with the
406 Not Acceptable status code.