Build and test your theme
For general guides and tutorials, see the Develop Help Center.
For questions and answers, see the Zendesk developer community.
You can also join the Zendesk Platform Developer Slack channel.
Using themes and customizing your Help Center - Information to help customize, test, troubleshoot, and implement your theme in Guide.
Customizing your Help Center theme - An article explaining how to customize your Help Center and templates.
Reviewing your theme
A theme submitted or updated in the Marketplace developer portal undergoes a review process. To help with a smoother review process, here's a few tips and requirements when developing your theme:
- During development, preview your theme using Zendesk Apps tools or by uploading the theme to Guide. For more information, see Previewing theme changes locally, Importing a Help Center theme, and Adding a Help Center theme to Guide
- Define the theme's Settings panel and version in the
manifest.jsonfile. For more information, see Customizing the Settings panel
- Check that you have the appropriate IP licensing for the theme
- The theme should be branded appropriately and custom to the theme. If you are using the Copenhagen theme or another theme as a starting point, make sure that all theme elements such as the default assets, the theme name, and code references reflects the theme being submitted
- Any images used for theme settings or assets should be a suitable size to ensure good performance
- Follow templating best practices. For example, asynchronous API calls should only fetch the data that is going to be shown in the UI when it loads, and save the data in local storage for future use
- HTTPS encryption for all web traffic
- No script tracking activity on behalf of the partner or anyone that is not the purchaser of the theme
- No hard coded secrets in the source code
- Check all theme pages are responsive according to the Google mobile friendly test
- Check your theme package is valid using the Templating API v2
Next steps: Create theme branding assets