Request Bot OAuth Credentials
To create your bot, you must first request OAuth Credentials using the following instructions.
- In the Marketplace developer portal, navigate to the bots section (https://apps.zendesk.com/bots).
- Click Submit bot
- Click New request to request OAuth credentials.
- Name your bot. This name appears on the OAuth flow for customers and is the name of your bot in the Zendesk Marketplace.
- Upload an icon for your bot. This icon appears on the OAuth flow for customers and is the icon for your bot in the Zendesk Marketplace.
- You will need a LastPass account to receive your ‘clientID’ and ‘secret’. Provide your LastPass account email address here.
- Enter the Redirect URLs. The Redirect URLs indicate where to direct people once they authenticate during installation. The first URL will be the default.
- Enter the Configuration URL. This adds a Configure button to your integration configuration page that redirects admins to your platform’s configuration page.
- Enter the Remove URL. If an admin removes their bot integration, a webhook event is sent to this endpoint.
You will receive a LastPass notification when the clientID and secret are shared with your account.