The content in your app listing will be informed by the manifest.json and en.json files.
When submitting your app, provide the following details in your manifest.json file:
Name- The name of the individual or a company
URL- The URL that directs to a page about the author, the company, or the app
"name": "The Mentor",
"email": "[email protected]",
In the Zendesk Marketplace, the details are shown under App details on the right side of the app page.
The en.json file contains the following properties which must be provided when submitting an app:
"name": "App name",
"short_description": "Quickly see your products",
"long_description": "Access bookmarked tickets from our iPad & iPhone app",
"installation_instructions": "Install the app and then configure the settings within the app."
This information is displayed on the app page in the Zendesk Marketplace. For example, see the Scratchpad app.
If you are building a multi-product app, you can specify separate marketplace content per product.
Note: Currently, only English content is shown in the Marketplace.
The title of the app informs the search results and the listing URL.
- The maximum length is 40 characters, including spaces.
- Do not include "for Zendesk" in the name of the app. If the app is a multi-product submission, you may use "for Support" or "for Chat" and so on in the name.
- Only use the name of the product or business. Do not include adjectives or other qualifying information. For example, "Out of Office" is ok. "Out of Office -- agent availability" is not.
- The name must use Latin alphabet characters. Otherwise a URL cannot be generated.
A concise summary of your app, no more than 80 characters long, including spaces.
Displays Shopify customer and order details
The short description is displayed when listing apps in the Zendesk Support user interface.
A longer, more in-depth description of your app.
- Use Markdown for formatting. Use the '\n' character to specify new lines.
- The maximum length is 3,000 characters, including spaces.
- Make sure you provide a description of your company and what your app does. Typically, a company boilerplate followed by what the integration does. Include a call to action, like "Sign up for a free trial here" or "Get started" if you offer a free trial.
Mailchimp helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. It's like your own personal publishing platform.
- Easy to use
- Integrates with Google Analytics, Docs & Contacts
We make it easy to send email newsletters to your customers, manage your subscriber lists, track campaign performance, and sync your email marketing with social networks like Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin.
Provide instructions on how to install the app. You should assume that users have little technical knowledge and may never have installed an app before.
Use Markdown for formatting. Use the '\n' character to specify new lines.
The maximum length is 3,000 characters, including spaces.
Use numbered lists to document steps in procedures, and provide images and any other rich text content to help clarify text. If you are providing images, you'll need to host them on a secure image server and reference them in your instructions.
Next steps: Set up a paid app