Submit your theme
You can submit your theme to the Zendesk Marketplace as a free theme or paid theme. You can also create a link so customers can preview a demo instance of your theme.
Before submitting your theme, make sure you have registered your organization on the Marketplace developer portal at apps.zendesk.com, and you're signed in to the portal.
To submit an theme
- In the Marketplace developer portal, navigate to the themes section and click Submit a new theme (https://apps.zendesk.com/themes/new).
Upload your theme in a ZIP file. It should contain the template files, CSS file, JS file, and the manifest file.
After you upload the zip file, the contents are automatically checked. Any errors found are flagged in red. You won't be able to submit the form until you correct the errors. Warnings are shown in yellow. Warnings are suggestions. You can still submit the theme with them.
The content of the zip file is also checked for compliance with the branding guidelines.
Enter your Marketplace details in the provided fields:
- Theme name: The name of your theme. Note: Don't use any Zendesk trademarks or anything that might be construed as related to Zendesk.
- Short description: A concise summary of your theme, no more than 500 characters long, including spaces. The short description is displayed when listing themes in the Help Center user interface.
- Long description: A longer, more in-depth description of your theme less than 500 words.
Make sure you provide a description of your company and what your theme does. Typically, a company boilerplate followed by what the theme provides. Include a call to action, like "Sign up for a free trial here" or "Get started" if you offer a free trial.
- In Marketplace hero image, upload your image.
- In Marketplace image library, upload screenshots of your theme.
- In Theme demo link (optional), enter the URL of your theme demo instance so customers can preview it. The theme demo should reflect the theme and version that is described on the theme listing page.
- In Terms and conditions link, enter the URL for your theme's terms and conditions agreement.
Select the standard and/or developer license for your theme. For each license type, select the Free or Paid option. For the paid option, select the billing type for your theme and enter the price in USD.
- Click Submit.
An update to an approved or listed theme with a provided demo link should either link to a Help Center instance using the theme and version that is being submitted for review, or the version already published in the Zendesk Marketplace. For the latter, the demo theme version should be updated to reflect the theme listing version soon after the update is approved.
You can use the Multi Help Center feature to manage a demo link to a corresponding version.
To submit an update
- Sign in to the Marketplace portal and navigate to the Themes section.
Select Submit Update on the theme tile you wish to update and upload the new ZIP file.
Make sure to include all necessary files.
- Update any information such as payment details and theme demo link.
- Read and agree to the Zendesk Partner and Developer Terms.
- Click Submit.
After submitting the theme, you'll receive an email confirming that we received it. You can check on the status of your submission by clicking the Submissions tab in the Themes section of the Marketplace developer portal.
If your theme is approved, you will receive notification of the approval and the listing will be published in the Zendesk Marketplace by 10am PST the next day.
If your theme is rejected, you can submit a new theme by clicking the Submissions tab in the Theme section of the Marketplace developer portal, and clicking on the Submit Update button beneath the original submission.
Note: Do not send in updates or corrections using the Submit a theme button in the upper right corner.
Next steps: Marketing and PR guidelines