Integrating telephony systems with Talk Partner Edition
Zendesk Talk is designed to meet many of your voice communications needs and we have a range of plans for differing company needs. More details on these may be found at www.zendesk.com/talk.
We recognize that many of our customers may have an existing telephony system or wish to use other telephony systems. With our Zendesk Talk Partner Edition API, you can integrate third-party telephony systems with Zendesk Support.
A telephony event triggers one or more actions in Zendesk Support. For example, when an agent answers a call, the telephony system can create and display a ticket in Zendesk Support. Additionally, you can use the Zendesk Apps framework to display call controls in the Zendesk Support interface for a more consistent agent experience.
Here are some of the tasks a telephony system can perform in Support using Zendesk's API:
- Identify a user based on a phone number
- Create a user if the number is not recognized
- Identify an agent based on the phone device
- Read and modify the unified agent state, preventing calls to be served to agents that are not available
- Create a ticket and display it to an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Create a voicemail ticket (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Open an existing ticket for an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Create a user’s profile to an agent (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Create a call object in Zendesk, where standard call data can be saved, read, and updated (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Create a voice comment in a ticket to display the recording and transcript of the call and other data (Talk Partner Edition only)
- Allow agents to initiate outbound calls by clicking a phone number in a ticket or in a user profile in Zendesk Support (Talk Partner Edition only)
For more information, the Talk Partner Edition API Reference documentation.