All notable releases for the Zendesk SDK for Android will be documented in this file.
- Timestamp divider and grouping of messages on the conversation screen
- Improved handling of denial of permissions
- Support for increased number of items in the dropdown in a future release
- Bug fix for the text composer not being re-enabled when new messages are received
- Sending page view event for Visitor Path
- Support for Android 12
- Agent is typing indicator
- Kotlin version to 1.5.31
- SDK targets and compiles to API 31
- A divider in the UI to separate new messages when the user re-enters the conversation screen.
- Typed text is now persisted in a conversation screen.
- Improved connection strategy that sometimes prevented messages from showing in the conversation.
- End user authentication, enables a business to verify the identity of a user.
- Offline banner to inform user of connectivity state with auto retries and retry button.
- Send button animation to indicate progress of form submission.
- Skeleton loader is displayed while images and avatars are downloading from the network.
- Hide the text composer when a form field is in focus.
- Event Observer API to observe events emitted from the Zendesk SDK. See events documentation.
- Event that passes the unread message count when the total number of unread messages has updated.
- API to get the total number of unread messages.
- Android 12 (API 31) pending intent mutability change as per Android 12's documentation.
- Email keyboard not displaying on Android 5.1.
- EOFException terminating the WebSocket connection.
- Focus on first form field triggering keyboard for text or expanding dropdowns.
- SDK initialization moved from the
Messagingmodule to the
Zendeskmodule to enable flexibility as more capabilities are made available alongside messaging. See Initialize the SDK for more details.
- Initialization snippet to accept a factory implementation of messaging.
- Initialization errors are returned as a
Throwableobject instead of
Messagingmodule public APIs are now deprecated. Use the
Zendeskmodule public APIs instead. The
MessagingSDK initialization will be removed in a future version of the SDK.
- The ability for the end user to send images and file messages. See File Validation for all the supported file types.
- HTTP response caching for REST clients.
- Additional details were added to initialization flow errors to more easily diagnose issues.
- A logger issue when an exception message was null.
- FR-CA locale as a new language.
- Quick replies not sending metadata to enable CSAT rating and fix reopening ticket issue.
- Internal concurrent safe access to event listeners.
- Flickering of sent messages when re-opening the conversation.
- Ordering quick replies in place as received.
- Carousel not adhering to RTL specifications.
- Updating failed messages when opening the conversation from a push notification.
- (Forms) Text field vertical space not reclaimed when re-validated.
- (Forms) Icon missing in form field validation.
- (Forms) Keep form response in place (replace form), instead of adding as a new message.
- Optimized GIF loading.
- Added 1dp border to image messages for smoother rounded corners.
- Conversation screen showing a blank in edge cases.
- Messages in a blank Conversation should flow from the top of the screen.
- (API 21) Failed messages not properly styled.
- (API 21) Font size not increasing.
- Message content partially displaying offscreen due to a mismatching version of ConstraintLayout.
The initial public version of the Zendesk SDK for Android.
- The ability for the end-user to start a messaging conversation with your business.
- Direct integration with Zendesk's Flow Builder for building automated conversations.
- The ability for the end-user to receive text, image, quick reply and carousel messages.
- The ability for the end-user to send text messages to your business.
- The ability for your business to send a form to the end-user and have the completed form returned.
- The ability to customize the SDK's user interface colors from Zendesk’s Admin Center.
- Support for 33 languages, including right-to-left languages. For the full list, see Language codes for Zendesk supported languages.
- Support for Dark theme.
- Support for landscape mode.
- Support for WCAG 2.1 accessibility.