All notable releases for the Zendesk SDK for iOS will be documented in this file.
- Offline banner to inform user of connectivity state with auto retries and retry button.
- Send button animation to indicate progress of form submission.
- Skeleton loader is displayed while images and avatars are downloading from the network.
- Event Observer API to observe events emitted from the Zendesk SDK. See events documentation.
- Event added that passes the unread message count when the total number of unread messages has updated.
- API to get the total number of unread messages.
- Text persistence for composer and form when in the background or network re-connection.
- Form disclosure and navigation through iOS keyboard.
- Form clearing when returning from the background.
- Form option position displaced after error message is displayed.
- Form not in focus after new inbound messages.
- Animate GIFs when in full screen.
- SDK initialization moved from the
ZendeskSDKMessagingmodule to the
ZendeskSDKmodule to enable flexibility as more capabilities are made available alongside messaging. See Initialize the SDK for more details.
- Initialization snippet to accept a factory implementation of messaging.
- Initialization errors are returned as an
Errorobject instead of
ZenedeskSDKMessagingmodule public APIs for initialisation are now removed, use the new
ZendeskSDKmodule public APIs instead. This is a breaking change from SDK initialization of previous versions.
- Support for iOS 15
- Centering small text in messages and quick replies
- Resolved Xcode warnings
- The ability for the end user to send images and file messages. See File Validation for all the supported file types.
- Animation for a Form being sent.
- Composer text is persisted through the app's lifecycle.
- Previously sent Flow Builder messages are now translated if device locale changes.
- HTTP response caching for REST clients.
- Additional details were added to initialization flow errors to more easily diagnose issues.
- FR-CA locale as a new language.
- Quick replies not sending metadata to enable CSAT rating and fix reopening ticket issue.
- Automatic translations not working.
- Flickering of messages when re-opening the conversation.
- Default avatar showing while avatar is still being loaded.
- Vertical spacing between messages.
- SDK default color.
- Text message width relative to margins instead of a fixed width.
- Send button and background screen slightly visible for a brief time on iOS 11.
- Ordering quick replies in place as received.
- Failed messages disappearing after reconnection.
- Title not centered on iOS 10.
- Carousel time since receipt label not appearing consistently in the correct location.
- Conversation blank screen in an edge case.
- (Forms) Multiple taps on send not updating the screen with the sent form.
- (Forms) Time since receipt label consistently appearing in the correct location.
The initial public version of the Zendesk SDK for iOS.
- The ability for the end-user to start a messaging conversation with your business.
- Direct integration with Zendesk's Flow Builder for building automated conversations.
- The ability for the end-user to receive text, image, quick reply and carousel messages.
- The ability for the end-user to send text messages to your business.
- The ability for your business to send a form to the end-user and have the completed form returned.
- The ability to customize the SDK's user interface colors from Zendesk’s Admin Center.
- Support for 33 languages, including right-to-left languages. For the full list, see Language codes for Zendesk supported languages.
- Support for Dark theme.
- Support for landscape mode.
- Support for WCAG 2.1 accessibility.