Zendesk Apps framework (ZAF)
16 September 2020 - v651
- Improved telemetry for a particular edge case hit occasionally when reloading apps.
5 June 2020 - v640
- Improve the internal API that host products use to define public API objects.
22 May 2020 - v639
- Improved internal error reporting
allow-downloadssandbox permission to apps iframe for Chrome versions after v83
21 May 2020 - v637
- Improved internal mechanism around loading apps payload for local apps development.
- Add internal API to improve app runtime lookup for host products.
6 April 2020 - v634
- Federated logic for CSRF tokens to help foster a more consistent developer experience across Support, Chat and Sell.
3 March 2020 - v628
- Made some under-the-hood improvements for error handling.
- Fixed an issue with mounted apps not reloading properly when using Zendesk Apps Tools (ZAT).
2 March 2020 - v626
- Implemented a bug fix for logo URLs that could be incorrectly formatted in older multiproduct apps.
- Enhancement for apps reload to include cookies by default in order to allow this functionality to work in products other than Support, such as Sell.
21 February 2020 - v623
- Made an under the hood enhancement to the way ZAF integrates with products
- Made a separate change to make ZAF less tightly coupled to Support and more product agnostic
- Some small changes / preparatory work for performance improvements to ZAF
- Made some improvements to caching of ZAF asset
- Chat specific fix for new request behaviour for ZAF
- Improvements to app reloading behaviour in Support
28 January 2020 - v616
- Fixed a problem that could occasionally occur in Support when opening modals with the Instances API when multiple ticket tabs were open
- Added documentation for OAuth
22 January 2020 - v614
- Fixed a bug that could prevent apps that used signedURLs from loading in Chat and Sell
20 January 2020 - v612
- Logging and error reporting improvements
14 January 2020 - v610
- Implemented a new mechanism for refreshing CSRF tokens in order to improve user experience in host products
- Fixed a bug that involved requests from the framework not returning headers when rate limited and passing
- Fixed a bug associated to calls to an under-the-hood cleanup mechanism when the framework is implemented within a downstream product
- Refactored requests code
19 December 2019 - v604
- Added additional error handling
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes result in failed authentication to Zendesk APIs
22 November 2019 - v597
- Removed dependency on 3rd party
- Replaced AJAX usage with Zendesk-written library
- Improved client side request throttling
- Fixed a bug where in some cases, apps would fail to authenticate with Zendesk APIs
14 October 2019 - v573.3
- Removed support for ZAF v1, disabling v1 apps in unextended accounts. Learn more
24 October 2019
- Updated Secure settings field character limit.
4 October 2019
- Added documentation for Sell.
14 May 2019
- Added support for settings in signed urls.
20 March 2019
- Added support for setting initial size in manifest location object.
- Added new event instance.registered.
- Added new property
8 March 2019
- Added support for via as part of the Ticket object.
13 February 2019
sizeoption to Core API action
22 January 2019
httpCompleteResponseoption to be able to retrieve headers and responseStatus.
25 July 2018
- Added client-side throttling to Zendesk API requests.
25 May 2018
- Settings' helpText now supports Markdown. See App Internationalization.
- Triggers and automations can be updated. See Updating or Deleting requirements.
- Replaced old
notificationevent with a new
api_notificationevent, that besides the text, includes the sender in the payload.
iconCharsapi. See IconChars
21 May 2018
- Updated Zendesk Garden to 2.0.
9 May 2018
- Added new core APIs for expanded & collapsed apps events Core Events
- Added new data API to check app collapsed status isCollapsed
27 March 2018
- Added support for updating and deleting Requirements for Apps
10 January 2018
- Added support for getting macros for Zendesk Support.
- Added support for invoking a macro for Zendesk Support.
29 November 2017
- Added support for routing to views via the
17 October 2017
- Added support for externalId as part of the Ticket object.
- Added support for externalId as part of the Organization object.
- Added support for chat.department as part of the Chat object.
- Added support for channel.department.changed event to the chat_sidebar location.
26 September 2017
- Added support for getting identities as part of the user object.
9 August 2017
- Added support for bulk invoke calls.
16 March 2017
10 March 2017
- Updated Zendesk Garden to 1.0.
6 March 2017
ticketField:X.optionsin favor of two new APIs:
25 Jan 2017
- Added support for the
iconSymbolAPI and deprecated
8 Jan 2017
3 Jan 2017
- Released Zendesk Garden for Zendesk Apps.
29 November 2016
autoRetryoption to control automatic retry behaviour of rate-limited requests.
- Added the ability for apps targeting version 2 of the framework to specify per-location options.
- Deprecated the use of the
noTemplatemanifest property. Developers should switch to using
autoHidelocation flags instead.
8 November 2016
19 September 2016
- Added support for the
31 August 2016
- Added support for the background location for v2 apps.
11 July 2016
- Added support for Hook Events and JWT tokens in signed URLs for apps targeting version 2 of the framework.
30 June 2016
- App Framework 2.0 released!
Zendesk Apps proxy (ZAP)
17 September 2020 - v3.18.93
- Fixed an upgrade headers bug, where a body was not returned in a response if certain headers were set.
- Bumped ruby to a more stable and up to date version.
- Fixed a bug with response headers if a request is malformed. Previously malformed requests did not return in their response access control headers, including origin. Now they do.
26 August 2020 - v3.18.87
- Added the requesting agent's ID (
X-Zendesk-User-Id) to any outgoing request via the insecure proxy (note, not the secure proxy as with v3.18.77; this is a change to another part of the same system).
13 August 2020 - v3.18.84
- Added support for HTTP PATCH for insecure proxy requests
13 August 2020 (passthrough proxy)
- Added support for insecure proxy requests for Chat and Sell.
18 May 2020 - v3.18.77
- Added the requesting agent's ID (
X-Zendesk-User-Id) to any outgoing request via the secure proxy.
7 May 2020 - v3.18.76
- Implemented additional logging improvements to differentiate traffic errors for better Zendesk-internal monitoring.
8 April 2020 - v3.18.75
- Better handling of 422s from an internal Zendesk service.
30 March 2020 - v3.18.74
- Fixed an issue where sending a
'%'payload with the wrong content-type header did not explain why the request failed.
- Improvements to CORS request functionality for Chat and Sell.
3 March 2020 - v3.18.71
- Made a small security improvement.
14 February 2020 - v3.18.70
- General security improvements
31 January 2020 - v3.18.68
- Actioned change to make ZAP Chrome 80 ready (with relation to the same-site cookies changes)
17 January 2020 - v3.18.67
- Further improvements on caching and performance
9 January 2020 - v3.18.66
- Added support for secure oauth requests
6 January 2020 - v3.18.65
- Added support for HTTP PATCH for secure requests
8 December 2019 - v3.18.62
- Improved DNS resolution
- Improved caching
4 December 2019 - v3.18.61
- Added support for protocol in domainWhitelist property in app manifest
- Improved handling 429s from Zendesk's own services
- Improved security around DNS resolution