Known app limitations
This article describes the functional limitations of apps built on the Zendesk Apps framework. Certain app features can result in an error or unexpected behavior.
The Zendesk Agent Workspace is a Support feature which allows agents to view and interact in a single ticket interface with multiple Zendesk channels including email, social messaging channels, Talk, and Chat. This feature is enabled in the Support Admin interface. For more information, see About the Zendesk Agent Workspace.
Some apps built on the Zendesk Apps framework have limitations when the Zendesk Agent Workspace is enabled:
- Support apps don’t recognize Chat and other channels introduced in the Zendesk Agent Workspace
- Support apps in the ticket editor location can have limited API functions when the Zendesk Agent Workspace is in “chat” mode. For more information, see the ticket editor API
- The Chat interface in the Zendesk Agent Workspace does not support rich text format. If a Support app posts rich text into the editor during “chat mode”, the text is automatically converted into Markdown to maintain link and text emphasis
- Support apps performing GET requests for
ticket.commentsdon’t function when agents are chatting in the Zendesk Agent Workspace
- Chat apps only work in Chat standalone and will not appear in the Zendesk Agent Workspace
- Restricting the visibility of the app in a location is based on departments and roles. It cannot be restricted by roles and groups, which applies for Support