8 November 2018
- Major Widget API refresh released!
8 October 2018
- Released an update to the color contrast algorithm to meet accessibility WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
5 October 2018
- Released a new Widget Admin feature to allow customers to customize the theme text color (which applies to launcher, header, button text color throughout the Widget) and override the potential impact of automated color contrast applied by the Widget.
20 September 2018
- Added launcherText for color settings API which sets the color of the Widget launcher text only.
31 August 2018
- Released improvements to CSP support to more closely comply with Google CSP guidelines including support for the nonce attribute.
- Fixed an issue where theme color was being overwritten by default green color on contact form.
23 August 2018
- Released a significant upgrade to the Web Widget UI to use Zendesk Garden components and improve accessibility. This includes a larger base font size, improvements to color contrast, resizing, keyboard controls and screenreader support. Learn more here.
- Released support for domain-level whitelisting. Now customers with a URL that does not contain www or a subdomain can use the whitelist-restricted Help Center content feature.
8 August 2018
- Released a fix for customers still using the legacy snippet and who have a host-mapped domain hard-coded into their snippet.
6 August 2018
- Executed a redirect for the legacy Web Widget snippet that enables future performance improvements. Learn more here.
3 August 2018
- Released a minor optimization of the Contextual Help experience.
- Widget now displays a visual indication when waiting for search results to be returned.
- Widget now displays a message when Contextual Help search did not return any results.
25 June 2018
- Released minor changes to Web Widget design. Learn more here.
- Widget height is now fixed (except for initial Help Center search state).
- The channel choice menu (when Talk and Chat are enabled or when enabled via the channel choice API) is now displayed as a separate “screen” in the Web Widget. Previously this was a pop-up menu displayed above the Help Center search results or article view.
- Form submission (contact form and callback form) and Talk Call Us screens now also conform to the new fixed height with minor visual design updates.
18 June 2018
- Released an emergency fix to Contextual Help to mitigate traffic issues. The change has altered the user experience. Previously the widget would pre-load Contextual Help results so that the results would appear immediately after clicking on the launcher. Now there is a slight delay prior to displaying results.
14 June 2018
- Released an update to the Web Widget snippet which is now available to all customers in the Setup tab of Widget admin.
28 March 2018
- Fixed prefill issues. Prefill now appears for any field when submitting a second ticket via the Web Widget without refreshing the page, and for the description field when ticket form is not enabled.
26 March 2018
- Fixed an issue with Web Widget embedded in restricted Help Centers with hostmapped domains. The new snippet now works for restricted Help Centers with hostmapping.
07 March 2018
- Released Web Widget performance improvements, including the new "Asset Composer" snippet. See announcement here.
- Fixed an issue where Chat wasn't appearing after an Agent came online. The Widget now behaves as expected, opening to Chat.
- Fixed an issue where a line became visible after scrolling in the Widget on mobile. The line no longer appears.
05 March 2018
- Fixed an issue with tables in Help Center articles. The Widget now allows horizontal scrolling for articles with multiple tables.
01 March 2018
- Fixed an issue with content padding for configuration where no ticket form(s) and no Zendesk logo was enabled.
28 February 2018
- Header color will now match the theme color. It was previously grey.
- Enhanced the color setting api. It now allows customizing the color of specific Widget elements.
- View original article button is now a clickable icon at top right of the Widget article (previously at bottom of the article).
22 February 2018
- Fixed an issue with Contextual Help search results and zE.setHelpCenterSuggestions. It now displays max 3 results.
- Fixed an issue with tables in Help Center articles. It now allows horizontal scrolling.
13 February 2018
- Added mobile offset to settings.
- Removed the "view more" button. Display up to 9 results by default.